Updated 08/31/2017 My PRICES ARE NEGOTIABLE AS ALWAYS . . . TERMS POSSIBLE
My Crown King Property for Sale by Owner
(2017) SOLD 4.5 ACRE PARCEL ON MT. UNION WITH ELECTRICITY AND HUGE SPLIT LEVEL BUILDING SITE. THIS IS JUST PART OF YOUR PANORAMIC VIEW.
PRICED AT $85,000.00 (about 50% less than any other comp property per acre) Power Pole on property next to building site. One of a kind mountain top property, Off Senator Hwy Looks down on Mill Site Village, Potato Patch & Prescott in the distance. This is what you will see off your porch! Plenty of parking area. Walk to Lookout tower. Walk down to the Potato Patch. Also view of Crown King Towers Mtns to the south, RARE . . .DIRECTIONS TO MT. UNION
Please note that the road at the fork of FR 261 A and 261 is gated for privacy and you will have to walk less than 1/2 mile up to the property. There is an old real estate sign on the road in the property, the bldg site is just above. I'ts best I show you the property and we drive up.
GOOGLE EARTH SEARCH BUILDING SITE ON MT. UNION, COPY AND PASTE IN SEARCH BOX: 34°24'56.34"N 112°24'22.65"W
SEARCH YAVAPAI COUNTY WEB SITE AND SATELLITE VIEW: Parcel No.s 205-12-008G and 205-12- 007K together = 4.5 Acres more or less
ALSO SOLD 3.02 ACRE PARCEL WITH ELECTRICITY $40,000. CLOSER IN TO THE TOWN OF CROWN KING Parcel NO. 204-04-048D 34°12'41.72"N 112°21'15.64"W Google earth
ALSO FOR SALE THIS SUMMER, 2017:
TWO PROPERTIES FOR SALE IN CROWN KING
EMAIL ME: Wade Hampton: firstname.lastname@example.org
STILL AVAILABLE! UPDATED 8/31/2017
2.84 acres Crown King Parcel C building site pad, Ponderosa Pines $36,000.00 Google earth at --> 34°14'17.38"N,112°19'35.78"W I will lower price for cash or substantial down payment.
This is a very large split level building site. March photo: Oaks will green up soon. Plenty of oak firewood to cut to open up this view. Turn around area and parking. Remote, cool and wild.
3.98 acres Crown King Parcel B building site pad, Ponderosa Pines $36,000.00 Google earth at --> 34°14'17.38"N,112°19'35.78"W. I will lower price for cash or substantial down payment.
I built the road to this Parcel in March (lower left pic) so no leaves on the oaks yet, but will be nice and green going down
into this canyon by the end of April. I am still working on this parcel when I took the photos. Thats a D8 Cat so you can
see the pad will be big when smoothed out.
This is remote and quite wild area. Lots of deer tracks on new road. Property is bordered by the National Forest. It is a portion
of the Patented Estee Mining Claim. Everything is gone now but the Spanish worked the area before Crown King existed. It takes about 30 minutes to get here from the town of Crown King. I enjoyed hiking up and down the big canyon.
Beautiful country for sure. Closer drive time from Phoenix than Prescott or the rim country. I have it priced to sell, about
35% less than what is on the market. Dirt roads are a slow drive but folks do it for fun. I do not recommend this property
to anyone who thinks "closer in". This is for those who like the wilder areas yet very accessible. Contact Carol Boles at 602.717.6363 and she will be glad to show you the property and anything else she has in the area.
INFO/TIPS: ARE YOU REALLY LOOKING HARD FOR REAL HIGH ELEVATION SEMI REMOTE PONDEROSA PINE PROPERTY?
2017 New for sale this spring in March "Closer in" Crown King 3 acres with power. Google earth at --> 34°12'42.15"N,112°21'15.49"W
If you are serious, I want to point out some important tips about looking for property in the high country that will save you time:
ALL SAID: If you are the outdoors type who wants some cool semi remote property in the high mountains of AZ, it's simply no problem.
- Ponderosa Pines only grow above 6000 ft elevation in AZ. The highest mountain in the area is Mt. Union at almost 8000 ft.
- The closest Forested property is in and around Crown King and south of Prescott in the Bradshaw Mtns (Prescott Nat'l Fr).
- That means that all Tall Pine Property is all located somewhere in our AZ National Forests, (NF).
- And, that means it's very RARE property and not the highly promoted scrub Ranch/Land and Cattle stuff, (beware!).
- If you want cooler temperatures try to get something above 6,500 ft. in elevation.
- There are two kinds of private land in the NF: Old Patented Mining Claims like in Crown King and Homesteaded, ranches, etc.
- Few Realtors are familiar with remote properties in the NF, often promoting scrub and Pinon Pine land as "Tall Pines".
- Patented Mining Claim property (real property) exists in NF south of Prescott & north of Phoenix.
- Homestead/Ranch type land is in the Rim Country further away: Payson, Pine Top, White Mountains, Alpine, etc.
- Beware of what County you buy in, some have un-splitable 10 acre minimums and other restrictions.
- Yavapai County allows 5 splits at 2 acre minimums, (RCU2A) rural single family, site built only, no permanent trailers in NF).
- If you plan to invest, make property splits or build later, now is the time, when else?
- If you plan to build now it's never cheap. Any septic system will cost more or less around 15K, (perc. or not).
- It's not important to drill a well. A cistern for rain water is a perfect solution. If you drill a well it will go into a cistern/holding tank anyway. .
- Solar Power and Propane gas is the best way to go. Solar will cost 8K more or less with rebates.
- You will need a used pickup truck, or a 4wd drive of some sort as it does snow. A quad ATV is fun and useful for grandmothers to carry the kids..
- If buying a mining claim or a portion make sure it's patented, and not a cheap NF leased cabin on NF land or just a mineral claim..
- Crown King and most N.F. properties are accessible by 2wd passenger vehicles, but not always.
- Crown King and the Bradshaw Forest gets about 27 inches of moisture a year, mostly rain starting from July-Oct.
- You can figure how many gallons of water that would be per Sq.Ft of roof space, you simply can't hold all that water.
- The best you can do is put two huge septic tanks under your deck which will hold all the water you need. If you want Phx water add some chlorine.
- Solar is not a bad way to go, use a sump pump for water, a gas refrigerator, gas or wood stove, and a generator for power tools. You are then off the grid which is getting more and more expensive anyway.
- You can get cell phone service, Satellite TV internet service. Of course you will not need AC and you already have a cell phone.
- The roads to Crown King are maintained several times a year by the County and beyond mostly by the Forest Service.
But, If you have been driving the pavement exploring AZ NF and got the idea to buy a CHEAP summer getaway in the cool pines "CLOSE IN" IT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN, SO GIVE IT UP. That property is gone or still very pricy even today.
In Crown King you will see grandma roaring around with the grand kids on the back of a Quad, so it's all a matter of perception. Yes, there are dirt roads lots of them some washboard, some bumpy, some rocky and mostly dusty two days after a rain.
Many buyers the minute they get off pavement say "it's to far out" which simply means you can stop looking now unless money is no object.
A realtor I was using had a client who said he wasn't worried about about dirt roads, but halfway to Crown King he was ready to turn back and did. Pretty funny really.
Crown King and Prescott Bradshaw National Forest area property parcels for sale:
CROWN KING AREA - - GLADIATOR RIDGE-- TOWERS MOUNTAIN AREA:PRESCOTT-- GROOM CREEK-- POTATO PATCH-- MT. UNION-- LOOKOUT MTN--BRADSHAW NATIONAL FOREST AREA:
You should probably check some prices for like property, (COMPS) and contact a realtor who can do that. Carol Boles who sells some of my property can do that.DIRECTIONS TO CROWN KING PROPERTY LINK:
Realtor Carol Boles who lives in Crown King and she can answer some questions. http://carolboles.longrealty.com/
Carol is one of the few who knows mountain property and has on occasion sold some of mine.
CONTACT ME AT email@example.com
I live in Phoenix, but I am often out of town mid summer. If you want the best property at the best price please have patience and I will show it to you when I return unless a realtor sells it. It's best you go to Crown King first if you have never been there.
We have a tour business in France so are gone for the summer, See: http://www.frenchvintagev.com for a special tour in Provence France. Village tours Provence France tours of Avignon, Arles, Gordes.